There are many companies are benefited using the cloud and cloud related services. small and mid-size companies are prefer to use the pubic cloud services from Amazon web services and Microsoft Azure to reduce the operating and ownership cost. If anyone like to migrate the existing server to the public cloud, they need do lot of prep work and it’s really painful task. Cloudscraper is a software to perform server migrations in simple, fast, reliable, and inexpensive way from your datacenter to public clouds. Cloudscraper replicates existing workloads, Windows and Linux, to AWS or Microsoft Azure.
Install the cloudscraper agent on your existing physical, virtual servers which needs to be migrated to cloud.
Cloudscraper clones your existing physical, virtual servers to the cloud.
When you use cloudscraper , it’s not going to make any changes on (source) running server . Your applicaiton can continue to run when the migration is happening.
Data is transfered to your cloud account via secure connection. Your server data is uploaded directly to the cloud. No 3rd parties involved, Cloudscraper doesn’t transmits any server data to us. It’s just you and your cloud provider.
Works for static and dynamic networks. cloudscraper support both EC2 Classic public cloud, VPC hybrid cloud, and Azure Virtual Networks.
Migrate Linux to Amazon EC2
Let’s see that how we can Migrate Linux server to Amazon EC2.
1.Register to Cloudscraper SaaS web version and wait for credentials email.
2.Login to cloud scraper web panel.
3. Download and install cloudscrapper agent on linux server which you are going to migrate to cloud.
Cloudscraper Linux agent installer will prompt for your Cloudscraper Web Panel credentials in order to get connected to it. Once connected Linux agent will appear online in the Web Panel.
4. Get the AWS Access Keys fromhttps://portal.aws.amazon.com/gp/aws/securityCredentials web page.
5. Start the migration from Cloudscraper web page.
6. Configure the migration by entering your AWS keys, choose region, click “Run”.
7. Cloudscraper will never save your Secret Access Key. It is used for logging into Amazon AWS to upload your server image. Wait till image created and data is uploaded. Cloudscraper Web Panel will update you on the progress.
Note: it takes approx 3 hours to upload 10 Gb system image. So choose what to transfer wisely. (Again Its depends on your internet bandwidth too)
8. Once the upload is completed, you could login to AWS portal and start the AWS instance . You could access the Linux machine using secure keys.
Hope this article is informative to you . If you need any more details about cloudscrapper , please reach out to migrate2IASS.