vBenchmark is an appliance which provides the web interface to measure the performance of your VMware virtual infrastructure. It helps to identify the efficient resource utilization on your VMware environment. It will also show you averages across your environment, such as the average configured amount of RAM/CPU per VM or GB of storage consumed. By reading your environment, it shows the calculation that how much time require to provision a new VM in your environment. It also shows the time to reconfigure the host or VM. Time to Fail-over with High Availability or Fault Tolerance calculated is based on the past events.
Here we will see that how to deploy the vBenchmark using vSphere web-client .
1. Download the vBenchmak OVA from VMware labs.
2. Login to the vSphere web-client .Select the cluster where you would like to deploy the vBenchmark appliance.
3. Right click the cluster and select deploy from OVF template.
4. Select the source as local and click on Browse. In the pop-up window, select the vBenchmark OVA file which you have downloaded.
5.Review the details .
6.Select the name and datacenter where the VM needs to be deployed.
Select the Datacenter
7.Select the datastore for the appliance.
8.Select the network for vBenchmark appliance.
9. Verify the informations and click finish to start the VM deployment.
10.Click on the task panel to monitor the deployment task.
Once the deployment is completed, power on the newly created vBenchmark VM and launch the console of it. In the console screen , you can see the URL to access the vBenchmark in browser.
In the next article , we will see that how we can connect vCenter serveer to vBenchmark to measure the performance of the VMware vSphere components. We will also see that how we can send the data to VMware community to compare the performance.
Hope this article is informative to you. Share it ! Be Sociable !!