In March 2015, VMware has released the much-awaited VMware vSphere 6.0 . Is it completely different from the previous VMware releases vSphere 5.5 and vSphere 5.1 ? No. The most of the features are remains same but there are lot of enhancement made on the existing features. For an example, VMware has brought lot improvements on the VM Fault tolerance in vSphere 6.0. Also there are few new features introduced in the VMware vSphere 6.0. Let’s see the new features of VMware vSphere 6.0. In the bottom of the article ,I have listed the differences between the vSphere 6.0 , vSphere 5.5 and vSphere 5.1 versions.
What’s New in VMware vSphere 6.0 ?
- VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes. (vvols)
- vSphere Content Library .
- Cross-vCenter Clone and Migration
- Increased Scalability
- Expanded Support
- Amazing Graphics with NVIDIA
- Instant 10x Faster Clone
- Network IO Control
- Multicast Snooping
- Multiple TCP/IP Stack for vMotion
- vMotion Enhancements (over distances of up to 100ms RTT. )
- Replication-Assisted vMotion
- Fault Tolerance (up to 4-vCPUs)
- Enhanced User Interface (web client)
Let’s see the comparison between VMware vSphere 6.0 and VMware vSphere 5.5 & 5.1 versions.
ESXi – Hypervisor Level – Comparison:
Virtual Machine Level Difference:
VMware vCenter Level Differences:
Hope this article is informative to you. Share it ! Be Sociable !!